Monday, August 3, 2015

Fwd: Pitit zwazo yo toupatou!

From July 14 Email:

Fun things of this week.
I see Samantha Gentry and Kevbot literally all the time. If you don't know these people, I'm sorry. They're super great. 
One day we practiced tense markers outside and there were literally 15 baby quail(s?) running around under the flowers in the flower bed and it was absolutely the cutest thing I have ever seen in my entire life. Then the mom quail came and herded them away into the bushes and there was much Haitian/English squealing from me. I think all the elders in my district (so my whole district) lost some respect for me, but it's fine. I'm way over it.
We got to attend a broadcast of Elder Packer's funeral, and it was beautiful. The Holy Ghost was definitely there. It was cool to be able to here apostles testify of the Plan of Salvation and families being together forever. President Monson spoke and he is just the sweetest man on the planet. 
I started teaching a gold tag investigator named Dylan with my two companions. We actually just invited him to baptism and he accepted!! He said that he would pray about the Book of Mormon and whether or not Joseph Smith was really a prophet of God, if he really saw God and Jesus Christ, and if it was true he'd get baptized. BOO YEAH. We were feeling real good until we found out he is in fact a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints already, and then a little air was let out of our happy balloons, but not too much. The Holy Ghost was most definitely there, and we taught under His direction, so it was a success. 
Well, I ship out to New York on Monday morning at 3:30 AM. I'll be traveling with a group of 10, and I haven't met any of them before. It will be so fun! I can't believe that this time next week I'll be teaching real people. And speaking my broken Kreyol. And walking the streets of New York with a real companion. I AM SO EXCITED. LIFE IS SO GOOD. GOD LOVES YOU SO MUCH.
I'm kind of still on the first vision because of our lesson with Dylan, so get ready. I know that Jospeh Smith saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, after praying to know the truth. The power of prayer is so real. If you ask God anything, even if it's something you think you already know but you want to be reminded of, He will hear you and He will be so happy you asked and He will answer you. If you want to know if Joseph Smith really saw God, and if he was really a prophet, and if he really translated the Book of Mormon, ask God because He was there with Joseph. He would know. And He will give you a witness of the truth of that through peace in your mind and good feelings in your heart or however it is you feel the Holy Ghost.
Thanks for everything! You're all fantastic! If you have any favorite food carts in Queens or Brooklyn, hit me up. 
M renmen nou anpil!
Soeur Hannah Fouts

No comments:

Post a Comment