Monday, February 1, 2016

Fwd: Sa ka rive koukouloukou a ka rive kakalanga tou

From: Hannah Fouts
Date: Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 1:04 PM

Happy Groundhog Day, everyone! 🐻 It's actually tomorrow, but we'll
celebrate a little early because preparation day. I hope you're all
alive and well! Here is a big birthday shoutout to everyone who's had
a birthday in the past 8 months that I've missed, and one to Elder
Tingey who's aging this Friday! So fun!

Well this week was just great. It's currently 60 degrees, which is a
big step up from last week, so I'm not complaining! The best things
that happened this week include but are not limited to:

-We taught 3 Creole lessons in one night! It was so exciting! If
you're ever like, I wonder which language to learn, just pick Creole.
See subject line for more support to this argument.

-We had sisters conference, which happens twice a year and is when all
the sisters in the mission get together and exchange clothes and eat
food and listen to amazing speakers and get pumped about ourselves and
the work! And we got to drive the Flushing Chinese Sisters to the
meeting, which means I got to hang out with Sister Young! I love her!

-This is a long one so get comfy: We talked to this guy on the street
and he gave us his contact info. A few days later we tried to stop by,
but he hadn't given us an apartment number and it was one of the
places where you have to get buzzed in. The number he gave us was
wrong, too. So we rang a random bell and the nice lady let us in and
told us where he lived! Turns out he doesn't actually live there, his
sister does. But his sister told us where he lives and is letting us
come back to teach her and her family this week. Then we went to his
actual apartment and he said "who is it!" and then pretended he wasn't
home. His girlfriend opened the door and after talking to her for a
minute she told us when we can find him (even though he was clearly
there) and she wants us to come back and teach her this week! The
lesson: don't give the missionaries false info because we'll find you
anyways. Also thanks for all the investigators, friend!

-While on the wild goose chase mentioned above, some boys asked us
what we were doing. We said talking about Jesus Christ, and one of
them, who was 11 years old, asked us if we were also looking for
drugs. Nope...no we are not. Then we invited them to church because
that boy clearly needs some primary songs in his life.

-The elders had a baptism!!! But...the water heater broke...and all
the pipes were rusty...so the water was freezing cold and yellow.
NASTY. We ended up boiling cold tap water and bucketing the font full.
Apparently it was still really cold, but it was better than the ocean.
They talked about doing it there. Man, if only I'd known that was an
option when I was 8!

I want to close this lovely email with my testimony. I know that God
lives. I know that His Son, Jesus Christ, lived, died, and lives now
for each of us! I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know the
Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that everything in it is true.
I know we have a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I know these things
because I've prayed about them and I've had it all confirmed to me
through the power of the Holy Ghost. I came on a mission because I
believed these things and I knew it was what God wanted me to do, but
I'm still here in spite of all the really hard things because I now
know these things to be true, and I'm still here because I love these
people so much! I love this gospel! I know it changes our lives when
we let it.
I love you all so much! Thanks for all your support and encouragement
and love. Go change the world!
Love,
Sè Hannah

PS Today's subject line means "what happens to the rooster can happen
to the turkey too." It's probably the funnest thing to say ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment