Monday, February 1, 2016

Fwd: Sa ka rive koukouloukou a ka rive kakalanga tou


Me and Sister Young!


Us at sisters conference! UnShoutout to Sister Anderson for cutting out Sister Landaverry.

Betty's 93rd birthday. Right after this picture she leaned over and told me "I'm going for 100!" So I promised her I'd come back for her 100th birthday.

> On Feb 1, 2016, at 3:04 PM, Hannah Fouts <hannah.fouts@myldsmail.net> wrote:
>
> Happy Groundhog Day, everyone! 🐻 It's actually tomorrow, but we'll
> celebrate a little early because preparation day. I hope you're all
> alive and well! Here is a big birthday shoutout to everyone who's had
> a birthday in the past 8 months that I've missed, and one to Elder
> Tingey who's aging this Friday! So fun!
>
> Well this week was just great. It's currently 60 degrees, which is a
> big step up from last week, so I'm not complaining! The best things
> that happened this week include but are not limited to:
>
> -We taught 3 Creole lessons in one night! It was so exciting! If
> you're ever like, I wonder which language to learn, just pick Creole.
> See subject line for more support to this argument.
>
> -We had sisters conference, which happens twice a year and is when all
> the sisters in the mission get together and exchange clothes and eat
> food and listen to amazing speakers and get pumped about ourselves and
> the work! And we got to drive the Flushing Chinese Sisters to the
> meeting, which means I got to hang out with Sister Young! I love her!
>
> -This is a long one so get comfy: We talked to this guy on the street
> and he gave us his contact info. A few days later we tried to stop by,
> but he hadn't given us an apartment number and it was one of the
> places where you have to get buzzed in. The number he gave us was
> wrong, too. So we rang a random bell and the nice lady let us in and
> told us where he lived! Turns out he doesn't actually live there, his
> sister does. But his sister told us where he lives and is letting us
> come back to teach her and her family this week. Then we went to his
> actual apartment and he said "who is it!" and then pretended he wasn't
> home. His girlfriend opened the door and after talking to her for a
> minute she told us when we can find him (even though he was clearly
> there) and she wants us to come back and teach her this week! The
> lesson: don't give the missionaries false info because we'll find you
> anyways. Also thanks for all the investigators, friend!
>
> -While on the wild goose chase mentioned above, some boys asked us
> what we were doing. We said talking about Jesus Christ, and one of
> them, who was 11 years old, asked us if we were also looking for
> drugs. Nope...no we are not. Then we invited them to church because
> that boy clearly needs some primary songs in his life.
>
> -The elders had a baptism!!! But...the water heater broke...and all
> the pipes were rusty...so the water was freezing cold and yellow.
> NASTY. We ended up boiling cold tap water and bucketing the font full.
> Apparently it was still really cold, but it was better than the ocean.
> They talked about doing it there. Man, if only I'd known that was an
> option when I was 8!
>
> I want to close this lovely email with my testimony. I know that God
> lives. I know that His Son, Jesus Christ, lived, died, and lives now
> for each of us! I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know the
> Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that everything in it is true.
> I know we have a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I know these things
> because I've prayed about them and I've had it all confirmed to me
> through the power of the Holy Ghost. I came on a mission because I
> believed these things and I knew it was what God wanted me to do, but
> I'm still here in spite of all the really hard things because I now
> know these things to be true, and I'm still here because I love these
> people so much! I love this gospel! I know it changes our lives when
> we let it.
> I love you all so much! Thanks for all your support and encouragement
> and love. Go change the world!
> Love,
> Sè Hannah
>
> PS Today's subject line means "what happens to the rooster can happen
> to the turkey too." It's probably the funnest thing to say ever.
>
>
>> On Jan 25, 2016, at 2:21 PM, Hannah Fouts <hannah.fouts@myldsmail.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hello people of my life!!!
>>
>> How you be? Good? Good! I'm just going to assume that unless I get
>> mail telling me otherwise, so go team! What team? WILDCATS! GET YOUR
>> HEAD IN THE GAME!
>> Okay now that that's out of my system here is the low down:
>> There was no email last week because I went to the temple and due to
>> the poor wifi on the SUBWAY(!!!!) the really funny, inspiring email I
>> know sustains you all through the boring week got lost. So here's my
>> attempt to rewrite that one and give you some info on this week.
>>
>> Major life changing events that have happened in the last two weeks
>> include but are not limited to:
>> We saw two tumble weaves. They're like tumble weeds, but weaves. I'd
>> have taken pics, but didn't feel like flashing the iPad in those
>> areas.
>> It finally snowed!! First it was just a dusting that melted right
>> away, but this weekend we got a Nor'eastern, which is basically a
>> blizzard that feeds off the ocean so it never dies. It dumped snow for
>> about 24 hours and we got 2-3 feet! So fun! Except we weren't allowed
>> to drive so we, like the pioneer children, walked and walked and
>> walked. And shoveled and shoveled and shoveled. They ended up
>> cancelling church because there was so much snow, so we've been
>> shoveling snow for the past two days straight and I'm pooped. Also NY
>> needs to learn some stuff from Utah. The roads are still not clear!
>> There were snow plows everywhere with the plows UP. What good is that
>> gonna do? Tèt chaje!! We dug out 5 stuck cars, too. What team?
>> WILDCATS.
>> I went to the temple in Manhattan for my 6 month anniversary trip and
>> it was perfect. I didn't see any of my north mission homies, but I did
>> ride the subway for the first time ever and I did talk to one lady who
>> escaped as a war refugee from Bosnia 20 years ago with a baby and a
>> sick husband. Her advice: "Do not be afraid! Everyone in Bosnia is
>> afraid of something. Fear is paralyzing! Just hold your head up and be
>> brave!" Imagine that with a Bosnian accent. Then I talked to a guy
>> from West Africa. His advice: "It's good to talk to other people and
>> find out how they live. If you spend your whole life not knowing about
>> others, that's no good." Say it with an African/French accent. Then an
>> Indian lady God blessed me before getting off the subway. Best day
>> ever!
>> Also in the subway there were mosaics and news stands and one guy was
>> playing the steel drums and two others were playing the saxophone and
>> guitar. Also if you spit onto the rails the rats come out and eat your
>> spit. I didn't do it, but it happened.
>> Speaking of rats, Cheryl told us about a Greek god with an
>> inappropriate name that is a rat that comes into people's houses who
>> don't believe in God. She thinks the rat is in her house and when we
>> meet with her we scare the rat away. What team? WILDCATS.
>> When we went to see Cheryl, we ended up teaching like 5 lessons. There
>> were 4 kitchen chairs set up in the living room and we sat in two and
>> when we finished talking and praying with one person, someone else
>> would come sit down. I don't know who the 4th chair was for, probably
>> the Holy Ghost. We're still not sure if all the people we taught live
>> there or not. And they gave us cake, which I probably would have
>> thrown away once we got home if they hadn't offered the 2 year old
>> some. People don't usually offer 2 year olds weed cake. Turns out it
>> was delicious and weed free!
>> Shout out to my father dearest for sending me the warmest coat ever
>> that protected me from the frozen tundra of this weekend! You rock!
>> Also we're getting TWO new Creole sisters in February!! AAAAHHHHH!
>> Okay now for my spiritual schpeel - those of you with a temple
>> recommend: the temple is SO GREAT. If it's been a while since you've
>> been, drop whatever you're doing and go right now! If you're still
>> reading this email, that hopefully means you've been to the temple
>> recently. Now you stop whatever you're doing and go to the temple!
>> Unless you're a missionary then keep missioning because rules. The
>> blessings we get and the peace we can feel there are SO MUCH MORE than
>> anything we will ever find outside of the temple for one simple
>> reason. The temple is truly the house of the Lord. It is set apart
>> from the world. It's the best!
>> Also, don't forget my Bosnian friend's advice. Do not fear. Fear is
>> stupid. Be brave!
>> I love you all so much! I hope you have a wonderful week and that
>> you'll be able to feel how much your Father in Heaven loves you. Go do
>> amazing things! Lots of times, we are the only things holding
>> ourselves back.
>> You rock my world.
>> Love,
>> Sè Hannah Fouts
>>
>> PS Also about the subject line, I was given a book of Creole proverbs
>> and it's my favorite and that's the English translation of one of
>> them. It's like saying "you're a hard nut to crack" or something like
>> that. In creole it looks like this: "ou se yon kokoye." So fun so fun!
>>
>> PPS Be prepared for lots of pictures this week. #Sorrynotsorry
>>
>>> On Jan 11, 2016, at 4:44 PM, Hannah Fouts <hannah.fouts@myldsmail.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> We decided to freeze at the beach today. Best choice ever! Beach
>>> therapy is the answer to all of life's greatest mysteries. Also I wore
>>> my shark shirt but you can't tell.
>>>
>>> Also please enjoy this cliche street sign photo because I❤️NY
>>>> On Jan 11, 2016, at 4:39 PM, Hannah Fouts <hannah.fouts@myldsmail.net> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Because this morning our professional boxer investigator named Cara
>>>> taught us how to box! We even warmed up by jogging around the block in
>>>> New York, like Rocky. It's fine, I'm basically famous. And she told me
>>>> I'm a natural, so I guess I've figured out my career path.
>>>> We had some incredible first lessons with people this week! We're not
>>>> sure how things will end up, but man the Spirit was strong! I love the
>>>> first lesson because it's where we get to testify for the first time
>>>> of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and the truthfulness of the
>>>> restored gospel. ITS DA BEST. You can literally see the stress melting
>>>> off of these New Yorkers shoulders as they listen to us retell the
>>>> First Vision, which is Joseph's account of when he prayed to get an
>>>> answer to a question and in response he saw and spoke with God the
>>>> Father and Jesus Christ. It's so incredible and I love it!
>>>> Some of the best quotes of the week are:
>>>> "Ya know when water jis sits...and, and stuff GROWS in it?! Dats
>>>> GROSS!! And dats where I'm at! And I don't wanna be dere no mo!" Well
>>>> Cheryl, the gospel can help you get out of that gross growing sitting
>>>> water.
>>>> I won't put this in quotes because it was in Creole, but we were
>>>> talking to an old lady about the bible and she was telling us why she
>>>> couldn't read it and it was basically because her eyes were bad and
>>>> there were too many chickens in Haiti. I'm not really sure what the
>>>> correlation there is, but okay! Also there might have been a language
>>>> barrier problem, but it was a funny one.
>>>> "How many siblings do you have?"
>>>> "The nice answer? 4. The real answer? 19."
>>>> "Can I learn some more about dis Book uh Norman's?"
>>>> And some graffiti wisdom because why not: "know God, no fear. No God,
>>>> know fear."
>>>> Also we found out that an older lady in our ward worked with Joan Jett
>>>> and has her name on two of Joan's album covers and hung out with Alice
>>>> Cooper. She doesn't talk with Joan anymore because "we've just gone
>>>> our separate ways."
>>>> For my spiritual schpeel of the week, I'd like to share a quote from
>>>> Elder Holland, a living Apostle of the Savior Jesus Christ.
>>>> "I ask everyone within the sound of my voice to take heart, be filled
>>>> with faith, and remember the Lord has said He "would fight [our]
>>>> battles, [our] children's battles, and [the battles of our] children's
>>>> children." And what do we do to merit such a defense? We are to
>>>> "search diligently, pray always, and be believing[. Then] all things
>>>> shall work together for [our] good, if [we] walk uprightly and
>>>> remember the covenant wherewith [we] have covenanted." The latter days
>>>> are not a time to fear and tremble. They are a time to be believing
>>>> and remember our covenants."
>>>> Amen to that!
>>>> Always remember that God loves you and He will be there to guide you
>>>> if you will accept His guidance. I love you all so much and hope you
>>>> have the best week EVER. Kenbe djanm!
>>>> Avek lanmou,
>>>> Sè Hannah Fouts
>>>>
>>>>> On Jan 4, 2016, at 4:16 PM, Hannah Fouts <hannah.fouts@myldsmail.net> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Family, friends, fellow Creole speakers who randomly stumble onto the
>>>>> blog my dad has created, and anyone else who weirdly reads these
>>>>> emails,
>>>>> Transfer calls came....drumroll.....STAYING IN LYNBROOK for another 6
>>>>> weeks. Holla. Lynbrook is da best.
>>>>> We met JT this week. He is a singer songwriter for Akon and also
>>>>> Shaggy. We're gonna start teaching him the gospel before he goes on
>>>>> tour with Akon next month, so that's pretty cool. If anyone does
>>>>> research and discovers that he doesn't exist or that Akon isn't going
>>>>> on tour next month, I don't want to hear about it. Let me live a
>>>>> little, please.
>>>>> NEW YEARS EVE IN NEW YORK!!! BALL DROP!!!! Jokes on us. We had to be
>>>>> in at 6, so we played all the board games and it was a party!! 🎉
>>>>> So Haitians really love New Year's Day and in Haiti everyone makes
>>>>> soup jou Mou, which is a spicy pumpkin soup with meat and stuff
>>>>> (everyone makes it different) and everyone just goes around eating
>>>>> soup jou mou all day! I need to learn how to make it because if I
>>>>> could eat that every day I would. It's delicious!!
>>>>> We had an amazing lesson with Gina and Patricia! I'd tell you more
>>>>> about it but my fingers are frozen so maybe later. Keep praying for
>>>>> them, or start, because Patricia's dad is really against her being
>>>>> baptized and until he says "go ahead," nothing is gonna happen until
>>>>> she's 18. But they came to church so that's so good!!!
>>>>> We did some fun service for Cara, a professional boxer. We organized
>>>>> her bookshelf! She has so many books! It was so fun! We've been
>>>>> helping her out a lot lately and that's been super cool. She's way
>>>>> awesome, she even has a belt. Not a big deal. At first I thought she
>>>>> was a super model (we organized her closet and man that woman has a
>>>>> lot of expensive clothing) but nope! How neat is that!
>>>>> Sorry this email is lame, my fingers really are so cold it's hard to
>>>>> type. Humid cold and I are not on good terms, and we don't even have
>>>>> snow yet. Ridiculous!
>>>>> Well I hope all is well with you and that you have the best week of
>>>>> your lives thus far! The big apple wisdom of the week comes from the
>>>>> poor man who missed his train. We were knocking on a lady's door and
>>>>> he was running to the train as it was about to leave the station. He
>>>>> yelled, "Oh me oh my, oh me oh my! Oh me oh my, oh me oh my!" A lot of
>>>>> times and stomped his foot. "I've missed my train, and now I do not
>>>>> know what I shall do! Oh me oh my!" He really yelled like this, ps. We
>>>>> could hear him from across and down the street over the sound of the
>>>>> trains and the arms that stop cars from going. He was really upset.
>>>>> Anyways, after the train pulled out of the station he crossed the
>>>>> tracks and waited for the next train to come. The moral of the story
>>>>> is its okay to be really upset and yell and stomp your feet when you
>>>>> miss a really great opportunity or things don't go the way you want,
>>>>> but when you've got it out of your system, move on and patiently wait
>>>>> for the next train to come. Turn what you can't control over to the
>>>>> Savior. Also maybe don't get too drunk because I'm pretty sure he was
>>>>> in the tavern next to us too long which is why he missed his train in
>>>>> the first place.
>>>>>
>>>>> Avek lanmou,
>>>>> Sè Hannah Fouts
>>>>>
>>>>>> On Dec 28, 2015, at 2:57 PM, Hannah Fouts <hannah.fouts@myldsmail.net> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Hello my people!!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> CHRISTMAS WAS THIS WEEK!!!! How fun is that?!?! The answer is THE MOST
>>>>>> FUN!!!! It was sort of white because it was SO foggy. I got to talk my
>>>>>> family, cute grandparents, and favorite Brooke and it was just the
>>>>>> best! We were in two nativity recreations. In one we were the
>>>>>> narrators and in the other we were singing angels and it was
>>>>>> magnificent, thanks for asking! Also in one the Baby Jesus was a cat
>>>>>> named Van Lapis. Go figure.
>>>>>> We went to lots of people's houses and ate lots of food and it was
>>>>>> glorious. We went to 2 Haitian parties where we were the only non
>>>>>> family members and also the only white people and it was great! I
>>>>>> really love akra, which is basically dough that's been fried to death,
>>>>>> but it's not a scone because it's spicy ish and way better. Also
>>>>>> griyo, which is pork that's also been fried to death. But I'm good to
>>>>>> stay away from the pikliz, which is basically coleslaw of death. New
>>>>>> favorite Haitian foods for sure! One Sister we went to visit didn't
>>>>>> have anyone to spend the day with, so we surprised her! It was super
>>>>>> fun! We sang songs and played some of her 30+ guitars and just had a
>>>>>> grand old time.
>>>>>> Okay. Here is the craziest thing that has ever happened ever. Are you
>>>>>> ready? We got leftovers from a member who works at a restaurant. It
>>>>>> was seafood, and anyone who knows me knows I do not have a good
>>>>>> relationship with seafood. But I ATE AN OCTOPUS. Not just part of an
>>>>>> octopus, a real live (we don't know if they cooked it or not) octopus.
>>>>>> IT WAS PURPLE AND STILL HAD ALL 8 LEGS WITH THE SUCKERS STILL
>>>>>> ATTACHED. I know because I counted. And I chewed it and swallowed it
>>>>>> and didn't throw it up. It's a Christmas miracle!!!! I could see its
>>>>>> little face. Ugh. Nasty.
>>>>>> In other news, we went to see Betty Jean McQueen and she had moved the
>>>>>> day before. What the heck. So we're going to be calling her until we
>>>>>> find out her new place of abode and get her to the missionaries in GA.
>>>>>> We've found some really awesome people this week who seem really
>>>>>> interested and committed to learning more about the gospel! Hopefully
>>>>>> they respond to our texts.
>>>>>> Also today I shot a bow and arrow, it's fine.
>>>>>> For my thought today I wanted to share something from a dear book
>>>>>> called "Adjusting to Missionary Life." It talks about dealing with
>>>>>> stress and has the driest sense of humor I have ever had the pleasure
>>>>>> of experiencing. One section says something to the effect of "think of
>>>>>> the worst possible outcome. If it's something you can live with, or
>>>>>> something the Savior can help you overcome, then move forward without
>>>>>> fear." Um yes hello. You can actually live with anything except death
>>>>>> of you, because unless it kills you then you're living with it. And if
>>>>>> it kills you, then the Savior can help you overcome it because
>>>>>> resurrection!! At first you're like, uh thanks a lot, adjusting to
>>>>>> missionary life, you're the worst. But then you think about it, and
>>>>>> you're like, woah! It's actually pretty true! Thanks!
>>>>>> I know the Savior lives. I know that by Him and through Him, we can
>>>>>> accomplish any righteous thing. When we humble ourselves and align our
>>>>>> wills with His, miracles will happen in our lives and in the lives of
>>>>>> those we love. I'm so thankful for the chance I had to spend this
>>>>>> Christmas in the service of my God. I love you all!! I hope you have a
>>>>>> wonderful week, and the happiest of Independence Days!!!
>>>>>> 🇭🇹🇭🇹🇭🇹🇭🇹 (who needs New Years when you can just be Haitian
>>>>>> instead?)
>>>>>> Love,
>>>>>> Sè Hannah Fouts
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Dec 21, 2015, at 5:20 PM, Hannah Fouts <hannah.fouts@myldsmail.net> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> So this just happened...panini a la carte! Get it? It's a panini food
>>>>>>> cart? And it's called panini a la carte?! So punny!!! This is Giovani
>>>>>>> and David. Giovani was a mortgage broker until 60 days ago when he
>>>>>>> decided to follow his dream of owning a panini food truck. Giovani and
>>>>>>> David have been buds since high school. We are best friends, they even
>>>>>>> gave us a free menu and a muffin and took A Savior is Born cards.
>>>>>>> Ignore the really bad lighting and rejoice in the glorious gospel. K
>>>>>>> thanks.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Dec 21, 2015, at 2:55 PM, Hannah Fouts <hannah.fouts@myldsmail.net> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Hey there friends, family, and any other beloved children of God who
>>>>>>>> may stumble across this message,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> MERRY CHRISTMAS! FELIZ NAVIDAD! JWAYE NWEL!! 👈👐🖕🖖🤘👌✊! (That's
>>>>>>>> not actually sign language, I just typed in some emojis.) Are you so
>>>>>>>> excited to celebrate the birth of our Savior? I am!!
>>>>>>>> Well this week has just been great. We met with Sofie, that old
>>>>>>>> Haitian lady who taught us happy birthday in Creole. Well she knows
>>>>>>>> everything we've been teaching her is true, except for the fact that
>>>>>>>> she doesn't think she can get baptized again. Also the people in her
>>>>>>>> church love her and would be sad if she left. But she's in her church
>>>>>>>> choir, and so she taught us a Haitian Christmas song! We just be
>>>>>>>> singin with Sofie all day. I almost recorded it for you. I'll try this
>>>>>>>> week, were singing with her more on Wednesday. We told her we'd sing
>>>>>>>> her some of our songs, but that's awkward because there are only two
>>>>>>>> Christmas songs translated into Creole. So this week in language study
>>>>>>>> I started translating the hymn book, and who knows how many mistakes I
>>>>>>>> made. I'll be sending it over to Frè Anderson, Frè Chandler, and Frè
>>>>>>>> Dillon (the Creole teachers in the MTC. I actually haven't met Frè
>>>>>>>> Dillon, but he deserves a shout out because he sent us a Christmas
>>>>>>>> present.) so they can look it over.
>>>>>>>> My favorite phone call of the week was with Betty Jean
>>>>>>>> McQueen...remember her? The one who was supposed to be baptized this
>>>>>>>> week? Yeah awkward she actually hasn't been to church yet so we moved
>>>>>>>> it to January 17th. Well PLOT TWIST because she called us saying she's
>>>>>>>> moving to Atlanta GA by the end of the month. What the heck? So some
>>>>>>>> missionaries down in Georgia are about to get a Christmas present.
>>>>>>>> Fingers crossed its Sister Lawson!
>>>>>>>> Also Tracey, the other girl who had a date for this Sunday, has
>>>>>>>> dropped off the face of the planet.
>>>>>>>> The best day was when we had all of our appointments cancel and we ran
>>>>>>>> out of gas. Wow, that sounds like the opposite of the best day. False.
>>>>>>>> (It's because Heavenly Father directs the work.) But we looked around
>>>>>>>> and felt impressed to knock on these 2 doors with Christmas wreaths
>>>>>>>> (Jews and Jehovah Witnesses don't usually put up Christmas wreaths,
>>>>>>>> and they're the bashiest of the bashers.) and BAM both people answered
>>>>>>>> those doors and they are interested in the message! Then we ran into
>>>>>>>> Dina and Hailey. Dina hasn't been to church in a while, but she's
>>>>>>>> worried because Hailey, who's 9, hasn't been baptized yet. She has
>>>>>>>> friends in the church and is super open to learning more! They were so
>>>>>>>> excited to get Book of Mormons and come to church! They didn't, but
>>>>>>>> they seemed like they wanted to, which is a good first step!
>>>>>>>> Something I've been working on this week is turning outward instead of
>>>>>>>> inward, and just doing things the Lord's way. I was reading in Mosiah
>>>>>>>> 2 today, which is SUCH a good chapter. King Benjamin, a prophet and
>>>>>>>> King in the Book of Mormon, is teaching his people right before he
>>>>>>>> dies. He explains to them that even if we were to serve God, who has
>>>>>>>> given us everything from our freckles and eyebrows and breath to our
>>>>>>>> clothes to our homes to our families to our riches, with exactness and
>>>>>>>> with all our heat and might and strength for the rest of our lives,
>>>>>>>> we'd still not be able to repay Him for everything He's done for us.
>>>>>>>> And all He asks is that we do our best to keep His commandments,
>>>>>>>> repent when we mess up, and take care of each other. Just something to
>>>>>>>> think about.
>>>>>>>> I love you all so much! You're such a support and a strength to me,
>>>>>>>> and I'm so thankful for all of your examples and love. Pase Bon
>>>>>>>> jounen, e jwaye Nwel!
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Sè Fouts
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Oh also for those of you who have been asking for my address:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Sister Hannah Fouts
>>>>>>>> New York New York South Mission
>>>>>>>> 85-69 60th Drive
>>>>>>>> Elmhurst, NY (insert zip code.)
>>>>>>>> I recognize this address is totally unhelpful without the zip code, I
>>>>>>>> will do some, digging and see if I can find it.
>>>>>>>> Merry Christmas!
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Sent from my iPad
>>>>>>>>> On Dec 14, 2015, at 2:53 PM, Hannah Fouts <hannah.fouts@myldsmail.net> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> People of my life! How you be? Bon? Bon! Bay m sa byen! Tell me
>>>>>>>>> everything! Or don't, do whatever makes you feel good.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> It's time for some shout outs.
>>>>>>>>> Shout out to my little brother Ben for conquering the mouse in his room.
>>>>>>>>> Shout out to my parents and aunt for the best Christmas package ever.
>>>>>>>>> Shout out to tiwi, the annoying black box in our car that yells at me
>>>>>>>>> when I speed.
>>>>>>>>> Shout out to Sister Landaverry for being the best companion evah.
>>>>>>>>> Shout out to the Holy Ghost for helping us not get too lost this week.
>>>>>>>>> Un shout out to the elders who used our gps this week.
>>>>>>>>> Shout out to Gina and Patricia, who asked who would baptize them and
>>>>>>>>> where they'd be baptized, but still haven't agreed to pick a date.
>>>>>>>>> Shout out to the two less active members who came to church this week
>>>>>>>>> when none of our investigators did. Special shout out to the one who
>>>>>>>>> doesn't have a leg and can't use her left arm due to a recent shoulder
>>>>>>>>> surgery. Big shout out there.
>>>>>>>>> Shout out to Lucky, the giant 7 foot tall black man who put out his
>>>>>>>>> cigarette to watch A Savior is Born. "Not everyone belongs on the
>>>>>>>>> streets, that's why they have sidewalks." Thanks for that big apple
>>>>>>>>> wisdom, Lucky!
>>>>>>>>> Un shout out to our zone leader who asked us to sing at Zone Training
>>>>>>>>> Meeting 3 days before. We sang Far Far Away on Judea's plains because
>>>>>>>>> it's one of the two Christmas songs that have translated into Creole
>>>>>>>>> and they wanted us to sing part in Creole but then changed their
>>>>>>>>> minds, so we just sang the most unChristmasy Christmas song in the
>>>>>>>>> hymn book. It's whatever. Also I still can't sing, the mission hasn't
>>>>>>>>> changed that.
>>>>>>>>> Shout out to the guy who let us in in traffic, that was a good day!
>>>>>>>>> Shout out to Maryse, the sweetest Haitian lady ever who changed her
>>>>>>>>> mind mid sentence about being baptized when she knows the Book of
>>>>>>>>> Mormon is the word of God.
>>>>>>>>> Shout out to A Savior is Born because it's basically all we think
>>>>>>>>> about right now.
>>>>>>>>> Shout out to the murderer that didn't kill us in Elmont. I actually
>>>>>>>>> don't know if it was a murderer, but we were just looking up some
>>>>>>>>> people when all of a sudden there were 15 police cars, with more
>>>>>>>>> lights than Temple Square at Christmas time, and maybe 5 or 6 police
>>>>>>>>> dogs. We kept knocking, but weirdly enough nobody answered their
>>>>>>>>> doors.
>>>>>>>>> Shout out to our Heavenly Father for sending His Only Begotten Son to
>>>>>>>>> the earth to live for us, to suffer and die for us, and then to live
>>>>>>>>> again for us! The gospel is my favorite and I love being a missionary
>>>>>>>>> and I love New York and I love Creole and I love all of you! I hope
>>>>>>>>> you all have a very merry week, and maybe someone can solve the
>>>>>>>>> mystery of Chanukkah for us. All the signs for Hanukkah spell it
>>>>>>>>> Chanukkah and also we don't even really understand this holiday. At
>>>>>>>>> the mall last Monday there was a dradel(?) spinning contest so that is
>>>>>>>>> cool.
>>>>>>>>> Mwen renmen ou anpil anpil anpil!
>>>>>>>>> Pase bon jounen!
>>>>>>>>> Sè Fouts
>>>>>>> <image1.JPG>
>>> <image1.JPG>
>>> <image2.JPG>
From: Hannah Fouts
Date: Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: Sa ka rive koukouloukou a ka rive kakalanga tou

Boiling that water! Also that elder looks like and acts like Elder
Tingey and it freaks me out. They're not related, I asked.


No comments:

Post a Comment