Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Fwd: The World Trade Center Adventure of 2K16

From: Hannah Fouts
Date: Mon, May 2, 2016 at 3:12 PM
Subject: The World Trade Center Adventure of 2K16

Bonjou! Kiorana! Hello! Kia ora! Mixteco! Hola! Wa guan man?

Well this week was neat.
I Have some stories for you.
Here is the first one.

We had a meeting
In Rego Park, Queens, New York
It was really cool.

On the way back home
We took the wrong train and we
Went to the World Trade Center

Then we got real lost
In a very big station
With a push cart, too!

We went up and down
And all around the station
To find the right train.

Our push cart broke, for
We had put too much in it.
The back wheel came off,

And the handle too.
It fell on me when we took
The escalator.

Did I mention that
The World Trade Center is not
In the South mission?

At last we returned
With the help of the Elders
And a first aid kit.

Lots of old toothless
People laughed at us and gave
Really bad advice.

I will send pictures!
I hope you find it funny.
Here is the next one:

A member brought her
Friend to church named M.
She is really sweet!

We'll see her again
Tonight! She is really cool
And wants to find peace.

M. has not called,
Still nothing from I.
Another story!

I translated more
and only messed up real bad
on the Spanish talks.

One of the elders
told me to say whatever
But I shouldn't have

Because Haitians can
Often speak Spanish as well
And so they caught me.

Another story!
Six cops interrupted a
Lesson. They were cool!

Nobody got shot
There was just a drunk old man
NYPD yay!!

I hope you enjoyed
This haiku letter I wrote
I am done with it.

My spiritual thought of the week is pretty simple. Sometimes on a
mission and in life you experience things that make you stop for a
minute and think about if you actually believe and trust what you say
you do. I had an opportunity this week to decide if I trust the
statement that "all that is unfair about life can be made right
through the Atonement of Jesus Christ." And it turns out that I do!
Thank goodness for that because if I didn't life would be a lot
harder. I can promise you that when trials come, when things look
absolutely impossible, and when it seems there is no way on earth that
this will work out, that the Creator of the heavens and the earth, the
Creator of mankind and brains and nervous systems and emotion and
mountains and seas is still at work. He hasn't deserted you or the
people you care about. To quote Elder Holland, "The first great truth
of all eternity is that God loves us with all of His heart, might,
mind, and strength." I promise He will not leave you comfortless.
Kenbe djanm! Le ou gen mon pase mon, w ap symonte tout bagay avek Bondye.
I love you all so much and I hope you have a spectacular week! I'm
praying for you all da time.

Love
Sister Fouts

Also please enjoy this quote from Sister Taylor:
"Ugh! I just want to look like Kim Kardashian! Why isn't it happening already?!"
And finally, HUGE shoutout to my coolest 2nd half named Brooke
Carroll, who is on her way (literally. She's on the plane now.) to
live everyone's dream of saving starving people in Africa and also for
killing it this last semester. Can anyone say valedictorian? GO
BROOKE!

The beginning of the end. This is at our home station, before we
carried it down a very long staircase. Please notice the tilted back
wheel and the handle that is  supposed to not be straight like that.




 


The middle of the end. The wheel was just dragging at this point but
it was still attached.
































Don't look at me, just admire our handiwork now that the back wheel is
off, the handle is off, and the front wheels are off (even though you
can't really tell.)




No comments:

Post a Comment