Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Fwd: Call me Rocky

From: Hannah Fouts
Date: Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 4:39 PM
Subject: Call me Rocky

Because this morning our professional boxer investigator named C.
taught us how to box! We even warmed up by jogging around the block in
New York, like Rocky. It's fine, I'm basically famous. And she told me
I'm a natural, so I guess I've figured out my career path.

We had some incredible first lessons with people this week! We're not
sure how things will end up, but man the Spirit was strong! I love the
first lesson because it's where we get to testify for the first time
of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and the truthfulness of the
restored gospel. ITS DA BEST. You can literally see the stress melting
off of these New Yorker's shoulders as they listen to us retell the
First Vision, which is Joseph's account of when he prayed to get an
answer to a question and in response he saw and spoke with God the
Father and Jesus Christ. It's so incredible and I love it!

Some of the best quotes of the week are:
"Ya know when water jis sits...and, and stuff GROWS in it?! Dats
GROSS!! And dats where I'm at! And I don't wanna be dere no mo!" Well
Ch., the gospel can help you get out of that gross growing sitting
water.

I won't put this in quotes because it was in Creole, but we were
talking to an old lady about the bible and she was telling us why she
couldn't read it and it was basically because her eyes were bad and
there were too many chickens in Haiti. I'm not really sure what the
correlation there is, but okay! Also there might have been a language
barrier problem, but it was a funny one.
"How many siblings do you have?"
"The nice answer? 4. The real answer? 19."
"Can I learn some more about dis Book uh Norman's?"
And some graffiti wisdom because why not: "know God, no fear. No God,
know fear."
Also we found out that an older lady in our ward worked with Joan Jett
and has her name on two of Joan's album covers and hung out with Alice
Cooper. She doesn't talk with Joan anymore because "we've just gone
our separate ways."

For my spiritual schpeel of the week, I'd like to share a quote from
Elder Holland, a living Apostle of the Savior Jesus Christ.
"I ask everyone within the sound of my voice to take heart, be filled
with faith, and remember the Lord has said He "would fight [our]
battles, [our] children's battles, and [the battles of our] children's
children." And what do we do to merit such a defense? We are to
"search diligently, pray always, and be believing[. Then] all things
shall work together for [our] good, if [we] walk uprightly and
remember the covenant wherewith [we] have covenanted." The latter days
are not a time to fear and tremble. They are a time to be believing
and remember our covenants."
Amen to that!

Always remember that God loves you and He will be there to guide you
if you will accept His guidance. I love you all so much and hope you
have the best week EVER. Kenbe djanm!

Avek lanmou,
Sè Hannah Fouts

No comments:

Post a Comment