Monday, October 5, 2015

Fwd: Lo., La., and almost J

From: Hannah Fouts
Date: Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 2:00 PM
Subject: Lo., La., and almost J

Alo zanmi m! M renmen ou anpil! Kouman ou ye? N ap boule? Bon bagay!

So this week was super great, as per usual. No bad days! Some of my
favorite parts were:
J. She's a pal. We had a scheduled appointment for this
weekend, but she tricked us and headed to Bermuda instead. It was kind
of a bummer, because we'd prepared a lot for her. But it's okay
because J is actually the hurricane that was supposed to hit,
not an investigator. Ha! Fooled ya! Haha I actually am laughing pretty
hard at that, so if you're not, that's too bad. But we did prepare. We
even went emergency grocery shopping and sister wheeler was surprised
to discover that I wasn't kidding when I claimed I could live off of
granola bars and fruit snacks, because that was literally all I added
to our shopping list. No hurricane, all the granola bars, best day
ever. Also my dad sent me a package with more granola bars and various
other survival materials, so shoutout to him!



Lo. She's the cat lady from last week. We met with her again, and
she didn't invite us in, thank goodness. She opened the door and I
thought I was gonna die. She had us meet in the car, which also
smelled strongly of cats. It's only through prayers I got through that
lesson. We asked how many cats she has. More than 10 inside, and more
than 10 outside, plus the one that just had two kittens, plus the 10
that died this year and the 6 that died last year. ALL THE CATS.
LITERALLY ALL THE CATS IN THE WORLD. She's really sweet though and
wants to find the truth! I'm so excited to help her learn more.

La. We were walking away from a door after the guy inside quoted
the Bible at us for many minutes and then called us a cult (PS The
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is not actually a cult.
Just to clear things up.) and we saw a guy walking across the street.
He said, "Hey, are you from the church?" Um yes, why yes we are. Turns
out La. had met with missionaries a while ago and wants to meet with
us again! Wow! It was awesome! We haven't met with him again yet, but
will hopefully this week.

P and G came to conference and are so close to accepting
baptismal dates! We're so so happy! [Bringing] people to the gospel is so
fun, and it's even better when they come as families.

Conference. Okay. That was the best. No big deal. I LOVED CONFERENCE
SO MUCH. Three new apostles, so much guidance! Did you get answers to
your questions? I know I did. I know Thomas S Monson is a prophet of
God, and I know we have he fulness of the restored gospel of Jesus
Christ on the earth today! Some of my favorite messages I heard
include but are not limited to:
  • His grace is sufficient, and not only sufficient, but mightier than ALL. 
  • You will never be too far to be loved and saved and gathered in by your Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
  • Be worthy of the Holy Ghost. When we follow the promptings we receive, we will always be led in the right direction. We will always be led home!
  • Our choices do matter. We decide how happy we will be in this life and the reward we will get in Heaven. 
  • Follow Christ, stick with the church, and all will be AMAZING.
  • Be patient and wait on the Lord. He knows better than you, and He will always take care of you when you let Him.
There's so much more, but I want to end on the note that I know Christ
lives. I know He lived His life for us. He is there for you to lift,
strengthen, and teach you. I know this is the true church and I am so
SO grateful for that knowledge.

I love you all so much! Thanks for all the love and prayers you send
my way. I definitely feel it! Have the best week ever with no bad
days, deal? Deal!

Aver lanmou,
Sè Fouts

No comments:

Post a Comment