Monday, October 26, 2015

Fwd: WOW, etc.

From: Hannah Fouts
Date: Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 3:43 PM
Subject: WOW, etc.

Greetings, friends, family, people of my life. You are so great!

So this week was pretty fun. Let me tell you about it.

First, we found a family!!!! *insert the "we found a family dance"
here* The mom had requested a bible and was so happy we brought it
that she let us in, called her children, and 15 minutes later they
knew about the restoration and had been asked to be baptized. They
said they wanted to know more before making a commitment like that.
Perfect, can we come back in two days? Yes? Okay great! Two days
later, all of her kids were present and now they know where they came
from and why they're here. So fun so fun so fun!

We followed up on the word of wisdom with G and P and they
are rocking it. "I didn't drink coffee all week! All my coworkers be
drinking coffee and I didn't. I just drank tea." Oh. Awkward. So she
brought out all her tea and we helped her figure out what was herbal
and what was not. Go team! Also we committed them to be baptized
November 22 and they invited us to eat Haitian food with them on
Thanksgiving. Apparently there's a pumpkin soup you make a wish on.
Hopefully I'm still here for that! Also P told me I'm Haitian
on the inside and could rock box braids. I'm thinking yes.

Then we taught the word of wisdom to a less active and her non member
husband. Turns out she'd never actually been taught the word of wisdom
by the missionaries who baptized her and this is the first time she's
ever heard about it. Hm. At first she flat out refused to keep it, but
by the end of the lesson she was saying she'd think about it. Miracles
do happen, people.

We taught the restoration to some Hindus and they agreed to read about
Christ in 3rd Nephi. It was a really spirit filled lesson. I'm so
grateful I was able to bear testimony of Christ being the Son of God
in a way that got them interested to learn more instead of getting us
kicked out of their house. The Holy Ghost is really the best teacher
in the whole world, because not only does God Know exactly what the
people we teach need to hear, He knows what He needs to tell us in
order to get us to say it. Being the imperfect mouthpiece for the
perfect message is seriously the coolest.

Thanks for all your prayers for my safety and stuff. God has
definitely been watching over us and I'm so thankful for the guidance
and protection of the Spirit. Woot woot!

Food I ate: liver of something. Don't actually know what. But I ate
its liver and so that is cool.

Bugs: there was a large bug that looks like a mustache with legs
called a silverfish on our wall. We get lots of tiny ones, but this
one was really big. We tried catching it but dropped the cup and then
it ran inside our wall so that is gross. I'll attach a picture. So
fun!

Well people, I love you all so much! Thanks for everything you do and
all your prayers and support. I couldn't do it without you!
Love,
Sè Hannah Fouts


No comments:

Post a Comment