Monday, December 7, 2015

Fwd: Prayers go up,,,blessings come down

From: Hannah Fouts
Date: Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 12:36 PM
Subject: Prayers go up,,,blessings come down
Zanmi m, fanmi m, e nenpot lot moun ki ap li let sa,

I swear all the best things happen Monday night right after we go back
to work, but last Monday we contacted a headquarter referral, B,
who said she wanted to learn more about the Book of Mormon. Spoiler
alert: 30 minutes later we have a baptismal date for December 27th!!!
Um okay that's fine.

Some other fun things that happened: A Savior is born came out!! It's
the best and we be showing all the New Yorkers. If you haven't seen
it, go to Christmas.mormon.org because wow it is powerful! The New
York missions have been given a challenge (shoutout to Hermana Geiger
& Elder Hinckley) to show the video to 30,000 people and get an absurd
amount of new investigators from showing it, and it's harder than
you'd think. Some people won't even let us show them the 2 minute
video, let alone talk with them. But when we have someone watch it,
you can see the tension fall from their shoulders a little bit, and
their faces get softer. It's a Christmas Miracle!
After we showed one of our current investigators the video, he gave us
presents. They are heavy metal rulers that have very lovely quotes on
the other side. No worries, pictures will follow.

On Wednesday we met with a girl the elders had found and sent to us.
She's 15 and has questions about the bible I could never have thought
of. Also she is now scheduled to be baptized on the 27th. WHAT THE HOW
COOL IS THAT?!?! It might end up being pushed back because she hasn't
talked to her parents yet, but either way it's a huge act of faith to
schedule a baptismal date.

We got bible bashed a few times and I got a little sassy with one
lady. She was saying she wouldn't pray about the Book of Mormon, but
she was going to talk to her pastor about it because she trusted God
more than man. That makes 0 sense and I pointed that out to
her...probably shouldn't have done that but the Atonement is real and
I have since repented.

We had a zone conference with about 56 other missionaries and I
learned so much about being a better servant of God and it was so
exciting! Also I had probably the biggest fall of all time and was
very glad I'd worn my really long skirt that day. After that every
elder that was there either offered to get me a helmet and padding,
told me to watch my step, or just straight up laughed at me.
Apparently a mission has no affect on my clumsiness level.
Also we battled 2 enormous silverfish this week and it was terrifying
but we smashed them in the end. They were probably as big as my
pointer finger. Straight up nasty.

Okay last story! We found out that one of our referrals was actually
baptized 20 years ago, moved, lost his records, and then went into a
coma for an undetermined amount of time (this story was being told
over the phone in Creole. I didn't catch it all.) and now he's out of
his coma (obviously, since I was talking to him.) and he wants to come
back to church! Super the coolest.

Well tis the season, so today I'm going to talk about Christ, our
Savior. Surprise surprise! How amazing is it that more than 2000 years
ago our Heavenly Father gave us His Only Begotten Son? And it's even
more incredible that Jesus Christ volunteered for that! If you're
feeling alone or forgotten or abandoned or kind of brushed aside by
God, go take a look at one of my mom's beautiful nativities and
remember that you are not.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah because I guess that's today, and
remember to thank God for literally everything because without Him
we'd have literally nothing.

Peace and love!
Sister Fouts

No comments:

Post a Comment