Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Fwd: MIRACLES LITERALLY EVERYWHERE

From: Hannah Fouts
Date: Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 5:25 PM
Subject: MIRACLES LITERALLY EVERYWHERE

Hello people who I love!

This week was one for the books. Is that an expression? What air. 
[Note: pronounced: "whate'er". It's in the same family of words as "' 'Murica!"]

I drove in Queens, no big deal. And got lost and did u turns and other
fancy maneuvers to avoid death on the crazy New York roads. A yellow
taxi even cut me off and there was much yelling.
We sent our car in for repairs and so we walked all over the place and
it was ridiculous. But we looked up a former investigator because why
not? She let us in and we were able to answer lots of her questions!!
She used to come to church with her older sister who's at BYU and was
baptized 2 years ago. So fun!

We talked to C, who's from Haiti. We'd talked to him once before
and taught him the restoration, but I guess we didn't know he was
Haitian until this time because he was so shocked we spoke Creole he
told us he couldn't not come to church now. Benefits of being a white
girl speaking Creole. What what!

We got our car back on Thursday and got to go to Flushing, the Asian
part of Queens. Funnily enough the autobody shop was called
"Hallelujah Praise the Lord Autobody." It was the only sign in English
in town and so funny!!

Friday night was the biggest miracle. I had a weird thing happen to my
body/brain and couldn't control or feel my body for about an hour. Can
I just say scariest thing to happen ever? My awesome companions got me
to the emergency room and kept me awake, and Heavenly Father literally
gave us so many blessings it's ridiculous. I got a CT scan which was
cool. My results say my whole brain is unremarkable, which would be
offensive under different circumstances, but is a huge miracle. The
only thing keeping me calm was my Father in Heaven. I was able to feel
peace in the worst of it. I knew I'd be okay, and I could feel the
spirit so strongly. By the time we got to the hospital (yes, it took
an hour. New York is ridiculous.) I was able to walk and talk and
smile, and one of the nurses ended up talking to us about religion and
is going to try to come to church soon. The Elders gave me a
priesthood blessing, and I'm just so thankful for that!! It's
seriously the coolest that the priesthood has been restored! I love it
so much!! Someday when I have more time I'll go into more detail with
this story, because literally every detail had God's hand in it. The
power of prayer is so real, my friends.

Saturday and Sunday I played sleeping lions and just napped lots. We
had one really awesome lesson with a lady on Saturday night and she
was so impressed that we were so sure with our answers to her
questions. She said she wanted that conviction for her and her family,
and that when she knows this is what God wants for her she'll be
baptized.

I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us, and it's so
full of happiness and peace we can't even comprehend it. I'm so
thankful to be here and I'm so thankful that I don't know everything
God does. If we could see the end from the beginning, there would be
no adventure! Not to mention no faith, and faith is just so good.

Also Sister Wheeler is getting her hairs cut for reals this time so
that's really exciting!
Have the best week. Count all your blessings and jump in crunchy leaf piles.

Avek tout lanmou m,
Sè Hannah Fouts

[Note: Hannah was diagnosed with a "Complex Migraine". We are working closely
with the Mission nurse to make sure she is taken care of. She's fine, it's just really inconvenient.]

No comments:

Post a Comment